Summer is just around the corner!
That means it’s time to ship some SUMMER FUN care packages to our deployed troops! Our next care package event will take place onSaturday, June 9, 10:00 am at the American Legion Post #149 (230 E. Park Ave., Escondido).
As always, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- · CUSTOMS FORMS – Please forward the names and addresses of deployed loved ones, friends, neighbors, etc. to me via email ASAP, and mail two (2) completed customs forms for each name (my address is below). (NOTE: SAMPLE customs form is attached for your reference) THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING CUSTOMS FORMS IS SATURDAY, MAY 25.
- · DONATIONS – The more items we have the more boxes we can fill! Please consider sponsoring a collection effort in your office, or with your church group, community group, etc. I have attached a copy of our Care Package wish list, complete with Summer Fun ideas. All donations must be received at the American Legion no later than Saturday, June 2.
o Contact the Care Package Committee (contact info. below) to arrange delivery to the American Legion. We need to be aware of any deliveries made to the Legion in order to manage and organize its contents.
o **Please secure all dry goods in plastic containers to protect against “critters”** (contact us for assistance/guidance with this)
- · SUMMER FUN CARD CAMPAIGN – As per Teresa’s email earlier this week, preparing and collecting cards and letters of encouragement are an ideal way to express appreciation to our deployed heroes. Please contact Laurell (email@example.com) for more information. Cards must be received no later than June 2.
Don’t hesitate to contact me (Dawn), Loretta Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org), Laurell Dowling (email@example.com) or Trice Vazquez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions on any of these items.
Thank you so much for your support of this important effort!
Care Package Committee
Customer forms mailing address:
San Diego No. County Blue Star Mothers
10140 Knight Dr.
San Diego, CA 92126
SAN DIEGO NORTH COUNTY BLUE STAR MOTHER’S
CARE PACKAGE LIST
FOOD ITEMS: INDIVIDUAL PACKAGES
- Pre-sweetened drink mix (individual packets Gatorade, Crystal Lite, Kool-Aid)
- Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Apple cider (individual packets)
- Canned meat - Tuna/Chicken lunch kits/Sardines/Vienna Sausage, etc.
- Beef Jerky
- Cup O Soup, Top Ramon
- Trail Mix, Nuts, Microwave Popcorn (all varieties)
- Pop Tarts, Protein, Granola, Cereal or Breakfast bars
- Instant Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat (individual packets)
- Cookies, Crackers (individual packages)
- Hard Candy, Gum (caffeine gum is huge hit), Breath mints
- Fruit snacks (roll-ups, gushers)
PERSONAL HYGIENE ITEMS – TRAVEL SIZE
- Shampoo, Conditioner, All-in-one (travel size)
- Soap (Bar or travel size), Deodorant, Disposable Razors
- Baby Wipes (it can be a long time between showers)
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Dental Floss
- Q-tips, Cotton Balls (travel packets or separated in zip bags)
- Eye drops, Lip Balm, Nail Clippers, Nail Files
- DEET Bug Repellant, Sunscreen
FUN THINGS: SUMMER FUN!!
- Water toys – small water guns, etc.
- Water balloons (packages)
- Hacky sacks, small balls, inflatable beach balls, etc.
- Flip flops (Men’s size 8-14)
- Frisbees, paddle balls
FUN THINGS: (GENERAL)
- Magazines (new & used: sports, car & truck, NO People type)
- Books (paperback, compact, fiction & non-fiction)
- Puzzle/Word Search books
- Hand held games, board games, puzzles & word game books
- Playing cards, card games (UNO, Skip Bo, etc)
- Dice games, Boggle, Scrabble, Mississippi marbles
- Batteries AAA, AA, C & D (must be in the original pkging)
- Small tablets, pens, journals
- Socks (crew style)